Looking for something fun to do with your dog? Something that will teach her new skills and let her meet new friends? Then Hiking Hounds is for you!
This 90-minute, positive-reinforcement-based, on-leash, hiking class will teach loose-leash walking, polite dog greetings, coming when called, and other fun hiking tips!
Cost: $35 per class*
Our classes are closed for the season. Please check back in Spring 2023!
- All dogs must be at least 5 months old and be comfortable on leash when in close proximity to new people and dogs.
- Dogs must wear a comfortable/well-fitting harness with a sturdy 6-foot leash.
- Prior experience with basic obedience (sit, stay, come, etc.) is helpful but not required.
- Proof of rabies vaccination is required.
- Please contact the behavior department if you have questions about equipment, or are not sure if this class is a good fit for your dog: 801-261-2919 ext 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should be able to walk 2 miles at a moderate pace over uneven terrain while maintaining control of your dog.
- All family members are welcome to attend, but every child under 14 must be accompanied by an additional adult who is not handling the dog.
* Refunds are not available for cancellations made within seven days of the event, for no-shows, or for attendees that don’t meet these requirements. These funds help the pets in our care.