Southern Utah Executive
You are here
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Based in St. George Utah, the Southern Utah Executive, is responsible for the implementation and development of expanding the programs and services of the Humane Society of Utah into the Washington County, Utah area. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Humane Society of Utah and in conjunction with a local Advisory Board s/he will be responsible for opening an office in St. George to help address the animal welfare needs of Washington County. S/he is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization in Washington County. Guides the hiring, management, and development of a professional staff. Serves as the primary spokesperson for the organization in southern Utah. Has specific knowledge of animal welfare issues, animal sheltering, low-cost spay/neuter clinics, finances, fundraising, and public relations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: HSU offers a competitive total compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Employees earn sick and vacation time, plus several recognized holidays. Salary $60,000-$75,000 DOE.
● Master’s degree in business administration or related area preferred. Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, communications, social sciences, or related area required.
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with an animal shelter nonprofit organization.
● Experience with all facets of fundraising.
● Experience with animal sheltering operations.
● Ability to pass a background check.
● Extensive and innovative operational experience with a nonprofit humane society or SPCA.
● Experience in strategic planning.
● Experience in a senior leadership position.
● Exceptional communication skills with a successful background in external relations, including talking to the media in a variety of situations.
● Knowledge of animal advocacy issues.
● Good business acumen applied to a non-profit organization and the ability to create and manage a budget.
● Demonstrated accomplishments in fundraising, including developing new relationships in the community.
● Experience in marketing and public relations with a humane society or SPCA.
● Ability to sustain effective partnerships with other organizations.
● Ability to communicate and collaborate with a variety of people and personality types.
● Experience in managing paid and volunteer staff.
● Oversees the hiring and retention of a competent, talented and qualified staff.
● Attends animal welfare national conferences and keeps current in all facets of animal welfare and humane society management.
● Ensures fiscal management by operating within the approved budget and maximizing resource utilization to maintain a positive financial position.
● Enhances HSU’s image by being active and visible in the community by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
● Achieve fundraising goals through donor meetings, solicitations, events, etc.
● Communicates with various constituencies, always representing HSU in a professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate manner.
● Conduct humane investigations and/or assign a private investigator when needed.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing why you think you are qualified and what you will bring to the Humane Society of Utah to email@example.com.