Puppy Start Right Preschool Classes
You are here
Did you know that socialization is the most important thing you can provide for your puppy? Proper socialization should occur before training begins, and must be provided during a critical developmental period that will shape the dog's behavior for the rest of their life!
Do you want to provide your new best friend with a solid foundation? Do you want to prevent future behavior problems before they start? In this class, you will learn how to positively socialize your puppy and communicate effectively with your new family member. Your puppy will have the chance to learn how to play appropriately with classmates, have positive exposure to new things, meet new people, and you will learn a problem-solving approach to common puppy behaviors.
Check out our upcoming schedule!
June 19 through July 17, Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 pm
* Each session includes orientation and four classes, a Puppy Start Right manual by Karen Pryor, clicker, and treat pouch. This is not an obedience training course, it is a socialization life skills course. Do not bring your puppies to orientation.
Save $20 with promo code NKUTHSU if you adopted your puppy from an NKUT Coalition Partner. Click HERE to view partners.
The Humane Society of Utah is a local, private nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Who should attend?
- 7- 16 weeks old by the class start date.
- Deemed healthy by a veterinarian.
- Be current on vaccinations.
- Have been in their home for at least 10 days. (10 days is the incubation period for many viruses.)
- The entire family is encouraged to attend.
- Anyone under the age of 18 should be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 8 should have two adults present so that one adult can supervise the children and the other can supervise the puppy.
Please do not bring your puppy if they are exhibiting any signs of illness.
This class is not intended for older puppies or puppies with severe behavior problems. For questions, contact Behavior@utahhumane.org.
Anjela Sullenger, MA, KPA-CTP - HSU Behavior and Training Manager
Megan Marzloff, CPDT-KA - HSU Behavior Coordinator