You are here
Looking for something fun to do with your dog? Something that will teach her new skills and let her meet new friends? Then Hiking Hounds is for you! This 90-minute, on leash hiking class will focus mainly on allowing your dog to socialize appropriately with other dogs, but we will also touch on polite dog greetings, loose leash walking and coming when called. Plus you will have the opportunity to ask our certified dog trainers all your dog questions!
* Refunds are not available for cancellations made within seven days of the event or for no-shows. Refunds will be given if Utah Humane cancels the class due to inclement weather (for safety reasons) or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
Location: Ensign Park
- All dogs must be at least 5 months old and comfortable on leash around new people and dogs. (Please contact behavior department if you are not sure your dog qualifies: (801) 261-2919 ex.223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Prior experience with basic obedience (sit, stay, come, etc.) is helpful but not required.
- Proof of rabies vaccination is required.
Human Requirements: You should be able to walk 2 miles at a moderate pace over uneven terrain while maintaining control of your dog. All family members are welcome to attend, but every child under 14 must be accompanied by an additional adult who is not handling the dog.
What to Bring for Your Dog:
1. 6-foot non-retractable leash
2. Poop bags
3. Collar and harness your dog normally wears (No choke, prong or e-collars permitted)
4. Water and a bowl
5. LOTS of delicious treats, and a treat pouch to carry them in
6. Optional: Dog Backpack – only bring if your dog has happily worn this in the past
What to Bring for You:
1. Weather appropriate clothing - class will take place rain or shine!
2. Comfortable footwear - preferably shoes you’ve hiked in before
4. Appropriate Gear: Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, backpack to carry supplies etc. as needed