Be A Humane Society of Utah Foster Parent!
We are in great need of foster homes for some of the animals brought into our shelter.
Temporary homes are needed for the following:
- Mama cats with kittens too young to be placed for adoption.
- Kittens without a mother cat who are in need of bottle feeding. (We supply kitten formula).
- Kittens who are beyond bottle feeding, but still need several weeks in a home before they are old enough to be put up for adoption.
- In the summer there is a greater need for cat and kitten foster homes than for puppies; but we occasionally need foster homes for young puppies with or without the mama dog.
- We also are looking for individuals who would be willing to take in adult dogs who need socializing. Sometimes these animals are just cage-shy. Other dogs become depressed from being at the shelter and stop eating. They need lots of TLC!
Please make sure if you wish to foster, that your own animals are vaccinated. This includes Bordatella for dogs to protect against kennel cough.
Foster time in homes ranges from 10 days to 2 months (approx.). We ask that you keep the animals as long as it takes to ensure their good health and adoptability.
It is fun & rewarding and you are saving lives!!
Call Barbara or Lisa at the shelter 261-2919 (ext. 215) or email at email@example.com.
The Foster Program at the Humane Society of Utah exists to help animals that have already been surrendered for adoption. If you have a personal animal that you can't keep for a period of time please look into your local boarding/daycare facilities. Some vets or groomers sometimes will have boarding facilities as well.