Quick Facts About the Humane Society of Utah
Location: 4242 South 300 West Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 573659, Murray, UT 84157-3659
Hours of Operation: Viewable by clicking here.
"Live-Release" or Placement rate: Viewable by clicking here.
Years in operation: 54
Yearly operating budget (fiscal year 2013): $3,849,171.00
Full-time staff: 58
Part-time staff: 7
Foster families: 150
Programs and Services provided:
- Intake of owner-relinquished pets;
- On-site and off-site “outreach” adoptions;
- Veterinary care and sterilization surgeries for all homeless companion animals in our care;
- Foster care program for special needs, sick or baby animals to ensure adoptability;
- Volunteer program with 700 active volunteers to keep all pets healthy and happy at our facility;
- Behavior assessments, positive reinforcement training and enrichment activities to keep pets mentally and emotionally healthy while at our shelter;
- Transfer and rescue network of over 140 partner facilities and groups to place more dogs and cats;
- Statewide investigation of animal cruelty and neglect;
- Humane education programs and facility tours for children and adults;
- Owner-requested euthanasia services for the public;
- In-house clinic for low-cost sterilizations and vaccinations for the public.