Administrative Assistant Job Posting
Administrative Assistant needed to perform the daily functions of receiving and depositing organization funds with accuracy and attention to detail, in a timely manner, in an animal friendly office environment. Assisting the Office and H/R Administrator with Accounting, H/R duties and other duties as assigned. Assisting the Development/Membership department with data entry for donor tracking and reporting as assigned.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Answering the telephone as the switchboard operator backup, in a calm, friendly, caring, and professional manner. Use of multi-line phone system with paging and voice mail features.
• Greeting visitors that enter Administration, in a calm, friendly, caring, and professional manner. Inform staff of visitors and help customers as needed. Willing to always go the extra mile to help customers.
• Pickup of daily mail and distribution of mail to the proper office mailboxes or keeping for deposit as instructed upon return to HSU.
• Willing to be a team player and help with any miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Office & H/R Administrator or Executive Director.
• Opening and accounting for incoming mailed donations, categorizing properly on proper forms with continual accuracy and attention to detail.
• Preparation of daily deposits from department funds and all incoming mailed donations.
• Taking deposits to the bank on a daily basis upon approval and returning proper documentation to the Office & H/R Administrator, Executive Director, and Development Director upon return to HSU.
• Assisting the Office & H/R Administrator as needed with any other assigned Accounting duties.
• Entering and updating employee information into online enrollment system.
• Preparation and distribution of enrollment/other materials for Health, Dental, Life, LTD insurance to eligible employees. (Keeping information completely confidential is a must.)
• Assisting Office & H/R Administrator as needed with any other assigned H/R duties.
• Entering mailed donations and mailer donation slip information properly and accurately into donor tracking program.
• Completing and emailing spreadsheet projects as requested by Development Director.
• Minimum of one-year exceptional customer service, data entry, cash handling, and computer experience.
• Ability to follow direct verbal/written instruction is a must, with strong ability to pay attention to details and ability to demonstrate patience.
• Exceptional attendance is a must.
• Great in-person and on-phone customer service.
• Ability to view/keep confidential company information.
• Ability to work well as a team player, stay organized, handle multiple assignments within time constraints and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Must obtain/give information in a professional manner when calls are made to gain information to process credit card transactions.
• Word, Excel, Gmail and general computer knowledge required.
• Must have absolutely clean driving record, background check, and must pass drug screen. Must have own motor vehicle (sorry no motorcycles)
• Knowledge of office equipment such as ten-key calculator, Credit Card/E-Check Machine, copy/fax machine.
Position Hours: Monday- Friday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, 32 – 40 hours a week, depending on work load. Will be required to work two Saturdays/Sundays per year to assist with our very large events, Gala & Telethon.
Pay: Starting at $12.00 per hour, DOE.
Benefits: Employees may be eligible to receive health, dental, life, LTD, supplemental accident/cancer insurance benefits, vacation/sick/personal time, 403 (b) retirement, and are eligible to receive discounts on adoptions, retail, and clinic services upon completion of eligibility dates. (HSU does not contribute towards Spouse/Dependent coverage on health/dental insurance)
To apply for the position, submit an application with resume and driving record to Loraine Delgadillo, Office & H/R Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org , or apply in person at 4242 South 300 West, Murray, UT 84107. No on the spot interviews, no phone calls please! You can download an application at www.utahhumane.org. (About us, job listings, bottom of page)
HSU is currently filling two positions for a Full and a Temporary Veterinary Technician.
The temporary position would be from approximately April 2015 to the middle of September 2015.
Sedate and prepare animals for surgery.
Monitor patients during surgery and recovery.
Prepare and administer vaccinations and prescribed medications, both oral and injectable.
Assist the veterinarian in animal handling and general treatment.
General care of hospitalized animals and the clinic environment.
Prepare surgery packs and clean surgical equipment.
General Clinic cleaning and upkeep.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
Experience in a veterinary clinic is desired but we will train the right person.
Strong interpersonal skills. The ideal person for this job will be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
Ability to strictly follow verbal and written instructions.
Work requires continual focus and attention to detail. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
Ability to stand for long periods of time while performing work assignments.
Bending, stooping, kneeling and walking on a daily basis.
Must be able to lift 50 - 75 lbs. Repeatedly throughout the work day.
To Apply For This Position:
Submit a completed HSU application. Applications may be downloaded and printed from this web page.
While you are welcome to submit a current resume’ it does not substitute for the thorough completion of an official Humane Society of Utah application. Resume’s submitted without an application will not be considered. Send application to Pauline Edwards, Humane Society of Utah, P.O. Box 573659, Murray, Utah 84157-3659, or fax to (801)590-9800, or apply in person at 4242 South 300 West in Murray. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
How To Apply
Individuals interested in working for the Humane Society of Utah must complete an application and submit a resume expressing their area of interest. Applications can be picked up and submitted at The Humane Society of Utah located at 4242 S 300 West, Murray, Utah 84107.
You can also fax your application at (801) 261-9577
You may also download an employment application (PDF).