Animal Care Technician
Our receiving department is currently seeking a full-time Animal Care Tech. Responsibilities will include cleaning cages, feeding animals, and any other jobs that may be assigned by the management. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be motivated and a self-starter, follow directions well. Able to complete assigned tasks without constant supervision, and work well with others.
Please apply in person at 4242 South 300 West in Murray, Utah, or print an official Humane Society of Utah application from this website and fax it with a current resume, attention Susan, to (801) 261-9577
Community Outreach Adoption Counselor
Our Community Outreach department is currently seeking a part-time Adoptions Counselor. Responsibilities will include transportation of animals, going through applications with the public, and placing animals into loving homes. Must be able to lift 50 - 60 lbs. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and have good communication skills. Must have an exceptional attendance history and be able to work Friday, Saturday & Sunday. With this job you will be driving a company vehicle to transport animals to and from adoption locations. You must also have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Please apply in person at 4242 South 300 West in Murray, Utah, or print an official Humane Society of Utah application from this website and fax it with a current resume, attention Caitlin Lisle, to (801)261-9577
- Sedate and prepare animals for surgery.
- Monitor patients during surgery and recovery.
- Prepare and administer vaccinations and prescribed medications, both oral and injectable.
- Assist the veterinarian in animal handling and general treatment.
- General care of hospitalized animals and the clinic environment.
- Prepare surgery packs and clean surgical equipment.
- General Clinic cleaning and upkeep.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a veterinary clinic is desired but we will train the right person.
- Strong interpersonal skills. The ideal person for this job will be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to strictly follow verbal and written instructions.
- Work requires continual focus and attention to detail. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while performing work assignments.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling and walking on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift 50 - 75 lbs. Repeatedly throughout the work day.
To Apply For This Position:
Submit a completed HSU application. Applications may be downloaded and printed from this web page.
While you are welcome to submit a current resume’ it does not substitute for the thorough completion of an official Humane Society of Utah application. Resume’s submitted without an application will not be considered. Send application to Pauline Edwards, Humane Society of Utah, P.O. Box 573659, Murray, Utah 84157-3659, or fax to (801)590-9800, or apply in person at 4242 South 300 West in Murray. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
How To Apply
Individuals interested in working for the Humane Society of Utah must complete an application and submit a resume expressing their area of interest. Applications can be picked up and submitted at The Humane Society of Utah located at 4242 S 300 West, Murray, Utah 84107.
You can also fax your application at (801) 261-9577
You may also download an employment application (PDF).