POSITION TITLE: OUTREACH ADOPTION COUNSELOR
ACCOUNTABLE TO: OUTREACH ADOPTIONS MANAGER
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To facilitate all aspects of off-site adoption events with businesses and other local organizations, and to provide humane education materials at events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with the shelter Receiving Department to check out animals to transport to Petsmart, Petco and special adoption events every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
2. Care for the animals while in transport to and from the event location and at all times during an outreach adoption event, including checking animals for signs of sickness, walking dogs, socializing with cats and dogs, feeding and watering, cleaning and disinfecting, keeping barking at a minimum, and other aspects of basic animal care.
3. Provide excellent customer service to everyone at an outreach adoption event, including event coordinators, store managers and associates, potential adopters, and all other interested members of the community.
4. Educate the public on the humane treatment of animals and the proper care of companion animals.
5. Raise awareness about the benefits of adopting a shelter animal, and the purposes of spay/neuter initiatives.
6. Inform the public of the many programs and services that the Humane Society of Utah has to offer.
7. Counsel potential adopters and complete all adoption application materials, including conducting a thorough interview, approving or denying an adoption based on the answers given on an application, executing all adoption paperwork, and accepting payment.
1. Clear driving history.
2. Ability to work every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for no more than 30/hours per week.
3. High School Diploma required.
4. Must have experience in handling animals.
5. Must be able to lift 40 pounds
6. Must be self motivated and able to work with little supervision while off-site.
How To Apply
Individuals interested in working for the Humane Society of Utah must complete an application and submit a resume expressing their area of interest. Applications can be picked up and submitted at The Humane Society of Utah located at 4242 S 300 West, Murray, Utah 84107.
You can also fax your application at (801) 261-9577 Attn. Caitlin
You may also download an employment application (PDF).